Hairline fracture in tibia, swelling. What are teratment options?

Last week i got hit by a flying ball in softball on my lower leg. It hurt really bad, but i ignored the pain and kept playing. Not even 2 minutes later, i felt a rush a heat where i got hit. i then noticed a huge bump it was red and already formed a bruise . I iced it for 2 days keep walking on it. The next morning i got really sharp pain and my ankle started turning colors. So i went to the doctor and they said it was a hairline fracture in my tibia . But my orthopedic doctor said to just keep walking on it and if it doesn t go away in a month to go back. I need a second opinion because when i walk on it it hurts and begins to swell up. I dont want to make it worse if it really is fractured. Should i go to another doctor? Or should i just wait like he said? Also is it normal for it to itch?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013