Hair started thinning because of rapid hair loss. What is the prevention ?

I am a 23 years old male. I had pretty good hair till the age of 18. But, thereafter hair started thinning because of rapid hair loss . Right now, my hair near the forehead are almost gone and remaining too seem in a hurry to go. I tried a few medicines like Dr. Reddy s Mintop, but didn t notice any difference. Many barbers have suggested me to get my head shaved completely 7-8 times in order to get thicker hair. Please tell me whether it ll work. Both my parents have very thin hair, so its understandable that mine will be no better. But, this was not expected at a young age of early 20s. Please help! :-(
Asked On : Wed, 7 Sep 2011