Hair problems, thin hair, short and oily hair, dandruff. How can I get silky and soft hair?

Dear sir/ Mam, I am 23 years old. I want to consult regarding hair problem. please let me know which hair product i should use. i have very thin hair short hair. from the chilhood i dont have long hair i want toget long hair. i have oily hair somtimes i suffer from dandruff also. and also have problem hairfall n very silky and soft hair. please let me know how can i get long hair. please reply me as soon as possible.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012
Getting long and silky hair is not possible with using only the cosmetic products. You need to consult a dermatologist who after a trichology test will detect the exact problem and will treat you accordingly. Concentrating on getting a high protein healthy diet will help you.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
General & Family Physician Dr. Das Arindam's  Response
Sep 2012
Hello, welcome to HCM.
It is impossible to gel long and silky hair using some products because it is heriditary.
Dandruff may be the cause of hair falling and oily hair.
But you can get a healthy hair by following these .
1.use antidandruff sampoo daily.
2.dont use oil
3.take fresh vegitables, fruits, adequate amount of water daily.
4.every wash hair using shampoo.
5.take multivitamin.