Haematoma in right thigh, weakness, difficulty walking, swelling, cold foot. Treatment?

After experiencing a heamatoma in my right leg thigh,the leg became weak to the point that i have not been able to walk for the past 3 months without the use of walking aids .One of the side effects has been a swollen leg with a very very cold foot .Could you please advise me how to try and improve this situation ,the foot is a purple/red colour , I have had a doplar test and been assured that blood is circulating throughout the leg and foot. Thankyou
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013
You didn't mention the cause for haematoma and how was it diagnosed?
Haematoma is nothing but collection of blood.Incourse of time,it liquefies.It doesn't cause much pressure effects.
Nice to hear that your Colour doppler test is normal.
Please consult Orthopaedician and General surgeon and proceed.
Ask them whether draining the collection will improve your condition .
Wish you good health