Had varicocele near testicle. Will it cause fertility issues?

Hello Doctor, i have had a Varicocele above and behind my left Testicle for as long as i can remember. But in the recent years I ve felt it has got significantly worse. The Varicocele can most of the time can be seen, but mostly behind the Testicle rather than above it, the vein behind the Testicle appears like a Circular vein. When the Testicles are hot, the Varicocele can be felt very prominently. The Varicocele starts from above the left Testicle, which feels like a large bag of worms and then extends with a series of Dilated, circular veins that makes its way to the back of Testicle. I have been to a few Doctors and a Urologist , who have said, it s nothing to worry about, the Testicles are fine and the chances of it causing Fertility issues are unlikely. However i know, that the left testicle isn t like the right one. My right Testicle is bigger, and harder. I am very conscious about this problem, and it plays on mind so much! What do you think i should do, get an operation or leave it? And if i do get an operation, what are the success rates? Thank You
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013