Had undergone ileal performation, put on weight. Suggestion on how to reduce belly fat ?

hi i undergone ileal performation 4.5 years back . now i have put on weight . i want to reduce the belly and also having mens boobs which distrubs me alot . i want to be slim and having desire of getting abs . can u suggest me that can i join gym or not . can lift weight or not . few days backs i just perform some crunches and belly reducing exercises . on the very next day a minnor pain arise in my stomach on same side mwhere i had a surgery . does that pain was because of exercises or erercises putting stain on surged part . pl guide me on this
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012