Had to re-pierce belly. What is the dark spot there? What can help get rid of it?

Ive had my belly pierced almost a month now , i changed the bar several times because the person i let do it did it with a too short of a bar , so i eventally had to literally repierce it with a biggger needle , but before i did the shorter bar the balls werre going intonmy skin which ccaused it to pull and leave a dark spot around it , since i repierced ot and stuff it doesnt hurt one bit but im concerned about the dark spot because im light skined and it looks gross , help me please!
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012
Dec 2013
Welcome to HCM.
The dark spot is simple post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation and wil be taking few weeks to months of time to get reduced. You can apply kojic acid cream or azelaic acid cream in a thin layer to get it reduced early.