Had swollen lymph on armpit, even pain shifted to elbow, hard to stretch hand. Suggestion?

I had a swollen lymph node in my left armpit that got hard and was painful. It has taken 3 months but it is finally going down but I still have pain there and I can still feel little lumps still. Now I have a pain going from my arm pit to a little bit past my elbow every time I extend my arm. It feels like a rubber band in my arm pit and is being stretched to hard. I am a 31 year old female and I weigh 165.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Oct 2013
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hi!
welcome to HCM!
Axillary adenopathy may be part of a generalized process or may be localized and secondary to infection in the limb. Local infection or trauma causing the enlargement of lymph nodes and pain should be searched for carefully.
. In a female, unilateral axillary nodes raise the suspicion of a disease in same side breast as in your case left side.
If your lymph node has decreased in size then its a good sign,however if you experience further increase or new lymph nodes,then get yourself examined and get a FNAC done!
Take care!