Had sutures for a cut on the arm. Area extremely swollen. Normal?

Hi! I fell through a glass window recently and had to get sutures for a large cut on my arm , two inside and 7 outside. The two on the inside are on the left side of the cut because it went in at an angle and the cut was under the skin without breaking it on that side. This only happened yesterday and when i woke up this morning the side of my arm where the sutures on the inside are is EXTREMELY swollen, is this normal? If yes, what can I do to reduce the swelling?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013