Had surgery, scar still red. How can I get rid of the redness?

how long does it take for a scar to turn white? hello sir how long does it take for a scar to turn white? my scar is still red after 8 months of surgery would it heal? i asked a doctor and he told me that pulsed dye laser would help to get rid of redness can u tell me how much does it cost? and should i wait or i must do it thanks
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
If you wait, the scar would automatically mature or turn white. Do not be anxious at it might take even up to a year for scars to get mature. Yes, pulsed dye laser is a good alternative to ablate the vessels under the scar but the cost of therapy can be pretty high with a session costing a few thousand. I would advice you to wait and consider laser therapy only if it remains immature or red even after 1 year.
just try ayurvedic medicine , centis cream on your scar.