Had surgery on back. Metal rods and screws placed. Pain has returned. On pain medication. Suggestions?

I had the surgery where they placed metal rods and screws in my back a year ago, but now the pain is re turning, i cant sit for very long, stand for very long and am on strong pain medications . My legs , neck, arms and other extremeties are going numb and the pain is not going away. Is this something I will have to live with?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013
The return of the pain can be due to a further progression of the disease- disc prolapse due to degenerative changes. A CT scan of the spine will help in poin pointing the diagnosis.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,