Had surgery for thrush on throat, took nodules on larynx, strain to talk. Cure?

I had surgery thurs on my throat . they took nodules off my larynex.. i still have to strain to talk .. and then it is only a whisper .. what do i do??
Asked On : Sun, 11 Mar 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
WELCOME TO HCM.
U GOT UR SURGERY DONE FOR VOCAL NODULES. IT TAKES AROUND 6 WEEKS FOR COMPLETE HEALING TO OCCUR AFTER SURGERY ON VOCAL CORDS. U NEED TO TAKE ABSOLUTE VOICE REST FOR AT LEAST 5 DAYS POST SURGERY. EVEN AFTER THAT U HAV TO MAINTAIN GOOD VOCAL HYGIENE TO PRESERVE UR VOICE. U CAN TAKE SPEECH THERAPY FOR FEW DAYS. IT WILL HELP U A LOT. WAIT A LITTLE MORE TILL HEALING OCCURS. AFTER THAT U WILLFEEL BETTER.