Had surgery for Vericoele, still severe pain in left side of testes. Any permanent solution ?

Hi Doctor, I am 29 year old boy, having a problem of Vericoele & done a surgery in last year. But still I have severe pain in left side of testes. As per the surgeon that surgery was correct & successful, but why still I have pain? Can you please suggest me any quick relief medicine for permanent. I am living in Dubai, so please advise me any medicine which I can get easily over here. Email Id- YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012
Urologist 's  Response
You did not mention why you had a varicocoele surgery, but I hope it was not for pain in scrotum because most patients will have persistent pain even after the surgery because of increased engorgement of veins in the epididymis which is the site for storage of sperms due to back pressure from veins that are ligated at the time of varicocele repair. Sometimes, scrotal support helps relieve the pain, but many patients need to use analgesics like Tramadol with or without paracetamol for better relief. If no relief, you can try a tablet like Pregabalin which helps with neuropathic pain relief.
Hope I have been able to help you.