Had surgeries in ankle after a car accident previously. Having severe pain in the ankle. No improvement with medicines. Suggestions?

I was in a car wreck in 2004 in which I broke my right ankle as well as several other bones. I specified the ankle because that is where my question lies. The break was where the ankle bone protruded through the skin. I have had 2 surgeries, one imediately following the accident where I had a plate and screws placed the second was the removel of such. I am a 45 year old female and in the last couple of years I have been having severe pain in the ankle and the pain is constant but sometimes more managable than others. At times the pain is excrusiating and dibilitating. What could help with making the pain more managable? I currently take Opana ER, and Meloxicam but I really don t know if they help much because I still have the pain.
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013