Had stomach bug, vomiting at night, diarrhoea, cold sweats, dizziness. Is it normal to get the bug so often?

I have had the stomach bug 4 times in the last 6 months. I wake up in the middle of the night throwing up execivally with diarrhea cold sweats and dizziness . Is this normal to get the bug this often? I ve never had this happen in past years. I didn t eat anything out of the ordinary and on one occasion it was so bad I went to the emergency room. Any ideas? Not pregnant.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jun 2012
Radiologist 's  Response
May 2014
Thanks for writing in.

It might be possible to get frequent diarrhoea under following situations

1. Water contamination
2. Food infection
3. Taking incomplete treatment for intestinal infections like enteric fever
4. Irritable bowel syndrome
5. Colitis

Please consult a gastroenterologist and get necessary investigations. A colonoscopy might be done if necessary.

hope this helps