Had stitches removed. Have bleeding. Had used antibiotic. Is it healing correctly?

Hi, I had a bcc removed from my forehead with a flap 5 days ago and had the stitches removed yesterday. The nurse put tape over the wound and said to leave on for 4 days and shower etc as usual. I didn't notice any bleeding until after showering and now overnight there is blood visible through the tape. The wound did bleed after the original bandage was removed before the stitches came out. Should I be concerned that it is not healing correctly and the scar may be worse? I used an antibiotic ointment for 1 day before this tape was put on. Thanks.

Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
There may be slight bleeding that will reduce over the next few days. You don't mention whether you are taking any medications that may affect the clotting of the blood so I assume you are not. Applying modest pressure over the area will reduce any oozing but this doesn't sound serious.