Had stitches for wound. No medication prescribed. Fluid underneath the skin. Chances for infection?

I have 5 stitches on my right palm after it was sliced open on a broken bottle and left a large flap of skin hanging off and was deep. When the stitches move, it hurts and it seems to have a fluid build up underneath the skin, I wasn t given any antibiotics by the hospital that preformed the stitch up, could it be infected?
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013
Sep 2013
Hi, thanks for the question.
The fluid which you feel underneath the skin or wound is nothing but "OOZING" from the blood which was due to injury at your palm.
There is no chances of infection, if it would have ( infection ), than you might have some pus from your wound , so need not to worry.
Enjoy life , good luck.Dr. HET