Had spinal fusion surgery. Developed lymphedema in leg after surgery. What is the cause and cure?

I had spinal Fusion surgery at L4 L5. It was performed portiere - anterior. I have developed Lymphedema in my left leg due to the surgery. The spinal surgeon has never seen this happen before. I am trying to find out what could have caused this and more importantly if there is a way to fix the problem. I can control the swelling but would like to eliminate it if possible. This does not seem like a common side effect from the surgery have there been any other similar cases or rumors of this happening in the past.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jun 2012