Had shoulder surgery. Leg, feet and ankles have started swelling. What it will be cured?

Every since I had shoiulder surgery last June, my feet and ankles, and legs have started to swell. At first I thought it was artheritis but now I am not sure. My Dr told me to lose weight but she hasn t given me anything to help with the swelling . I cannot wear my regular size shoes and my ankles adn feet look awful and it s embarrassing. What can I do? I work all day so I can t wear compression hose or keep my fee elevated above my heart all the time...
Asked On : Sat, 14 Apr 2012

You have not mentioned history of pain in joints , so I am assuming it to be normal. You must consult your physician who may do your physical examination regarding cardiac and renal status and also consult dietician who may modify your diet.

- Apply hot packs for 30 min in morning and evening .

I hope it helps.

You are welcome to ask further health related queries.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Let me know if you have any concerns.