Had operation for tear in shoulder. Advised to wait for 3-4 month to work with heavy weight. Can I go before?

Hi, i had a op on my shoulder for a slap tear , bankart tear , shouder cuff tear and they filed 1-2 bones down due to impingement , doc said can start back at work doing light duties 2 months from op but i am a hgv driver working with a tail lift dropping pallets off up 1000kg (1 ton) , physio said it would be more like 3-4 months to work with really heavy weights , next appointment with doc is in september , do i wait till i see doc again in september or go back to work before ?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jun 2012
Hello.Thanks for the question.I would not recommend such heavy work just after 2 months.I guess you should wait till you see your doctor.Or other approach is undertake some non-weight lifting work.But at any cost avoid such heavy weight work.Hope that answers your question.Regards.