Had major spinal operation. Failing to urinate. On vesicore. Do I have Cordia Equinas Syndrome?

Hi , I m a 63 year old female. In May 2010 I had a further major spinal operation, and unfortunately straight after I realised I could not pass urine at all. I had the feeling to go and got more and more uncomfortable going into retention every time I tried. This continued, and I was told when I asked it was prob a urinary infect, or just taking the bladder a bit longer to recover, (up to 6 weeks I was told). I was discharged after being instructed on SC, and I focused on being well after this initial 6 week had elapsed?? A very good friend (Pharmicists Wife) brought me an article all about Cordia equinas Syndrome (CES) and I virtually diagnosed myself!! I took this article to my Surgeon to see if he knew of this CES, and he said to me, well that s what youve got !! NOBODY to this point had told me an actual diagnosis or reason for my retention. I am on Vesicore 10mgs, but recently from the internet read a story from another lady who was taking Flomax, and due to that she was no longer having to self catheterise, and urinated normally!!! Do I go to my GP and request to try this medication , would it benefit me. Although I am 63, I am very active, motivated, enjoy life, walking, dancing and due to now having a Spinal Transmitter in place, have a new lease of life !!!! So My only problem now is the water works. I can easily get caught short and need to go immediatlely to the loo!!! I carry a card which enables me to access any toilet facilities wherever I may be, but that in itself is embarressing to ask to use??? I would even offer to be a guinea pig for any research that would benefit me or many others in my situation, to give me a better more Feminine way of life!!! I would appreciate your valued comments Many Thanks Ursula McCready ( YYYY@YYYY )
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013