Had hip replacement, yellow pus in incision, positive bacterial sample. Taking antibiotics. What is wrong?

5 weeks and 1 day out from partial hip replacement, wound/incision on side of thigh isn't healing, oozing yellow pus. now doctor is cutting off all antibiotics to see if they can finally get a positive bacteria sample (previous two cleanouts / tests showed no infections. what to do? othro wants to wait 10-14 days and go back in again. is this superficial or deep tissue infection? allergic reaction to partial hip replacement hardware, slow healing due to compromised immune system? she also has felty's syndrome.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013