Had grommets fitted in both ears, one fell out. Pain and irritation. What now?

I had grommets fitted in both ears just over a year ago the left one has fallen out and I haven t had any problems, however the right one has come out of the drum and is clogged with wax and is causing pain and irritation, the doctor gave me anitibiotics a wee ago but I still have the same problem what could be seggested please
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello and welcome to HCM,

The solution in your case is pretty straight forward!! Go to an ENT who will assess the ear and clean the wax and tube!!

Once the cleaning is done you may need to finish the course of the antibiotic and also add an antihistamine medication so that the drum will heal

Also keep the ear dry and do not put any drops

Avoid head bath for a week or two

take care and get well soon

Dr Sriram Nathan