Had gall bladder removed, pain in the upper stomach area below rib cage since then. What to do ?

I had my gull bladder removed in June. Since then I have had trouble eating, I get a pain in the upper stomach area below rib cage, I sometimes feel like if you would stick a knife in me and release air I would feel better. sometimes this pain gets so bad I want to go days without food to avoid the pain.If you can tell me what I could do. I have been reading and I think that my symtoms sound like dyspepsia but I don t know what to do about it
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013