Had flu, weightloss, loss of apetite. Having insomnia, night sweats, swollen neck glands. What could it be?

hello docter... i have been feeling very unwell and under the weather for the past 8 weeks.. it started in october 2012 where i developed a cold sore on my mouth.. 2 weeks later i came down.. with your normal cold.. runny nose and headache .. all was ok till end of december when i woke one morning with a severe headache, sweats severe itching skin and an overall feeling of dreadfullness... my throat was very but i really didnt have any swolllen glands apart from a lump behind the bone on my left ear.... i had it for over a year which was only the size of a pea but it seems to have gotting bigger the last 8 weeks maybe 7mm in size..... my appetite was desperate, no vomitting just a tightness and pain in my stomach.. i have lost over 8 pounds due to not eating i suppose.. finally i went to the docters where he done a monospot at the end of dec.. it came back as a weak positive so do said i had mono... mid feburary i was getting worse not better... had a severe pain under left ribcage which looked a little swollen. pain was intense so i went to the er.. they did a chest xray and an ultrasound of my stomach. all came back cleear spleen normal etc.. they also did another monospot which came back negative??... sent me home as all was clear... one week later i went back to my own docter to do another monospot again negative ... end of janurary i am still feeling awful... new smpytoms of severe joint pain mostly in my lower back and legs. it feels like my legs are weak and stiff like a tight feeling...also i am experiencing insomia, night sweats(not soaking the sheet sweats).. more swollen glands in lower neck, stiffness in neck and an little itchy but no rash.. lump on ear is going up and down in size..only good thing is that i am eating again my appetite is improving...still also fatagie not to the point where i could sleep just body tired.. now it feb so i went back again to my own docter who again did more blood work, results showed that i had an old virus in my system mono doc said, but what i am experincing now is not mono... please help nobody can give me an answers and all the docs i have seen dont seem to concerned yet they cant give me and answer to what is wrong.. i am a 32 year old female vanessa.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013
Your symptoms, and by the sound of it , your blood tests ,indicate a viral infection. If left alone these can take months to clear up depending on your immune status. I however suggest that as anti-viral therapy is now available your doctor considers putting you on a course. I would include something to boost your immune system. Please discuss this with your doctor. If you are ever not satisfied with the care you receive from a doctor, never hesitate to get a second opinion.