Had fits while sleeping on couch. Has had triple bypass surgery. Remedy?

hi yesterday my dad had a fit - my mum described it like this: he was sleeping on the couch so he was sitting upright - out of the blue he started coughing and it got out of hand - his eyes started rolling up and down and she could see most of the white part of his eyes, his right hand started jerking and shaking and he was out for about 5 minutes - my mother and aunty were massaging him during the process, they tried slapping his face to bring him back but he wouldn t budge - it wasn t until my aunty massaged the back of his neck real hard that he came out of it - i was getting ready to take him to the hospital but he said he was fine - more info: my father had a triple bypass surgery in august 2012 which was successful, a couple of months later he was back in hospital because he had water in his lungs so they drained it out - this happened again in december 2012 but my father was getting ready to go to australia to see his kids and didn t go through the draining session however the docters advised that he d be ok for 3 months, my dad has just come back from australia (he spent 3 months there, he was taken to the hospital while over there cos he couldn t breathe properly but the tests came out positive so he was fine) .. should i have taken him to the hospital yesterday? he seemed ok today
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013