Had fissure 6 months ago. Taken medicine. Stool color appeared dark brown with reddish tinge. Is there any problem?

I am 31 years old female. 6 months ago, while I was in India, I had an incident of bright red blood in the toilet bowl water during bowel movement and also dripping blood on the issue paper afterwards. For the rest of the day, I was feeling sharp burning pain in my anus . Next day, I went to a GI (very senior one). He did a physical examination of my anal region andsaid that he was seeing a fissure . He applied medicine on the fissure and the bleeding stopped from next day. I completed the course of tablets he gave me. After that, I had similar incidents 2-3 times and I went to him. He did the same thing- applied medicine, gave tablets (stool softeners, hemorrhoid tablets) and asked me to eat fiber , avoid junk, drink water and exercise. I keep checking the stools every once in a while after that first incident. Now I am in another country(USA) with limited insurance and today I checked my stools -and the color was dark brown with reddish tinge. The water in the toilet bowl was not red, it was clear. But the stool itself had a uniform dark reddish brown color. Now what could this be? I am really worried since I had checked my stool color for past 3-4 days and it was normal light brown and suddenly today it is dark reddish brown. My diet on Saturday night was stir fry veg noodles with soy sauce and tomato sauce, and my diet on Sunday afternoon was vegetable pizza with tomato, tomato sauce, red bell pepper and olives and some chocolate cake. Otherwise I generally have Indian diet of veggies, Indian bread (roti), white rice and curry. I drink about 0.5 liters of water everyday, exercise once in a week and eat fruits once in a week. I went online and saw that red stools could be cancer and I am now almost having an anxiety attack. Do I need to see a doctor immediately in the USA or wait till I go back to India in November? Thanks.
Asked On : Fri, 24 Aug 2012