Had fasciectomy. Compartment syndrome. Incision looks dark and gooey. Normal?

I recently had a fasciectomy, for a questionable case of performed on an emergency room visit. The top insition looks ok, however the bottom one looks bad. Its extremely tight, and is causing my skin to tear, and I feel a constant progessively burning/tearing pain worsened by movement. When it is accidently moved at night, there has been large amounts of very dark, sticky and thick gooey blood discharge . Is this normal? Or is some thing wrong?
Asked On : Sun, 13 May 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
Dear patient,

It is difficult to tell if the secretion is normal or not. The main things that you should look in an infected wound are purulent discharge (pus), foul smell, worsening pain, or redness, or swelling, with or without fevers; if you feel something is not right, it is always worth to go back to the original provider who can see if its progressing in the right direction.

Yours truly,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD

Mayo Clinic MN