Had damage on upper lip of mouth. Painful, swollen. Healing time, home treatment?

Hi there. My frenulum (I believe it's called) in the upper lip of my mouth was damaged by accident about 3 days ago when I accidentally got the edge of a folder right to the top of my mouth when trying to look down whilst holding the folder. It's quite painful and is noticeably worse today, to the point where I found it extremely painful to even smile or chew. It's slightly swollen, and I think brushing my teeth doesn't help the situation. Any advice on healing time/home treatment I can do to ease pain and speed the healing? Thank you! Sorry for the long text.
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013