Had cut corner of lips. Have white patch of skin over it. Remedy?

barber accidently cut the corner of my lips were they meet. its been 2 weeks and although it hasnt been more than a perferation until now its beginnig to bother me. I have put a generous amount of lip balm on it and recently it has formed a white patch of skin over it. size of a pencil eraser. i wonder if there is a way to speed this up? it only hurts when i have to open my mouth, but it starts to split again. could abreva or canker sore treatment make it heal and feel better?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013