Had continuous pain in lower abdomen. What is the shooting pain? Is it serious?

Hi, I ve had a continuous pain in my lower left abdomen , just above the line where my hips are for the last 4/5 hours.. It has fluctuated between mild and moderate/severe but has never gone away. It s nt a dull ache, but isn t too sharp either, it sort of feels like it s pulsating. I don t know if it s relative but my left arm has been experiencing pains (sort of like shooting pains) in the top part of my arm, between my shoulder and elbow .. When I got it first, it didn t take away my appetite because I soon became hungry and have eaten. I am a 14 year old girl who does horseriding, I was out at my horse today and got the pain a while after I rode. and haven t gotten my periods yet. I thought it was because i hadnt drank a lot today, only 1 500ml bottle of water, but ive been drinkin glasses of water for the last hour and it is still present. Could it be anything serious or is it just a muscle cramp?
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012
Rheumatologist 's  Response
Dear Madam ,

It is very necessary to to get a USG abdomen done to rule out any pathology.

Dr. Shruti