Thanks to contact through healthcare Magic.
Typically, a person will receive only fluids for 2-3 days after a colostomy
, to give the colon
time to heal. After that, you will try clear liquids, such as soup broth and juice, followed by easy-to-digest foods, such as toast and oatmeal.
You will be able to go back to your normal diet after this, but you may want to avoid certain foods that cause odors or gas, which can over-inflate the colostomy bag and make it more difficult to manage.
Foods that sometimes need to be limited, in order to make it easier to manage your colostomy, include:
• Raw vegetables
• Skins and peels of fruit (fruit flesh is OK)
• Dairy products
• Very high fiber food such as wheat bran cereals and breads
• Beans, peas, and lentils
• Brown and wild rice
• Nuts and seeds
• Cakes, pies, cookies, and other sweets
• High fat and fried food such as fried chicken, sausage, and other fatty meats
Other foods can be helpful after a colostomy, to thicken the stool and minimize odors, including:
• Yogurt (with live and active cultures)
• Aloevera-with cranberry juice
• Well-cooked, sticky white rice
- Practice Yoga
around 30-45 mins per day
- Take plenty of water
- Adequate rest
God bless you