Had collagenous colitis, have a huge appetite, have bowel spasms, controlled with Buscopan. Should worry about malabsorption ?

I have had collagenous colitis for several years now. I initially lost about 30 pounds prior to diagnosis and although I have a huge appetite I have never been able to get above 110 pounds. I am 5 foot 7 and now 54 years of age. I initially had two tests for malabsorption syndrome . One was positive and one was negative. Also, of interest I let my GP know that the first drink tasted like salt water and oil, whereas with the repeat test it tasted like sugar. The test was not repeated because I was told it was too rare to have malabsorption . My CC is well under control with diet and exercise only as all the drugs trialed were too constipating. I deal with bowel spasms mostly, which again is controlled with Buscopan. My question is whether or not it s worth asking to have the blood test for malabsorption repeated? Even though all is well now, I am concerned with how it may affect me as I get older. Thank you for your assessment. AAAAA
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013