Had bicycle spinning class. Having pain, swelling in thigh when sitting down, getting up. Suggestions?

I had my first class of bicyle spinning at a club and now since Mon. eve. have much pain when sitting down or getting up only in the upper thighs. What to do to relieve the swelling in the legs (mostly upper thighs). It is terriable. Iam 72 and exercise 6 days a week and this was first time at trying spinning. Thought I could handle it at 40 continueous minutes. We sat and then stood up and sat and cleaned over the bike and stood up and sat and never quit peddeling . Should I just go slower on Thurs. and go their with the swelling if it is still there after tonight. Took aspirin and rubbed ben gay on the top of thigh. Not doing much good. Up and down steps is slow and painfull. Ordinary walking is ok. Wanted to go back Thur. eve. for 2nd try and will to see how the other ladies done after their first nite. Should I keep going to classes 2 x a wk for 40 mins. or quit and get back to my old self and be happy.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013