Had an ultrasound to reevaluate septated cyst on liver, growing. Cancerous?

I had an ultrasound to reevaluate a 9 cm septated cyst that was found on my liver during ct scan 3 yrs ago. The Dr I saw at the time didn t think it was a problem. fortunately switched to a new MD. The cyst is now 12 cm and he wants me to see a GI. Alse shows small amount of ascietes in abdomen. Is it normal for it to grow that much in 3 years? What are the chances that it could be cancerous and should it be surgically removed? Because of the holidays I can t call GI doc to get an appt. I am 52 year old female. Rarely drink alcohol. Was diagnosed with IBS 10 yrs ago so any abdominal problems are always attributed to that.
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013