Had an emergency C-section. Hiccups after eating, food feels stuck. Why?

Hi Dr. 9 months ago I had my son via emergency c-section. After this surgery ( never even once prior) I seem to have developed some weird thing almost every time I eat. After taking a few bites of food, chewing and swallowing , it will feel like the food just hasn t made it down into my stomach . Sometimes I will get the hiccups and then I will feel like I am going to throw up and then I do. Other times I will just get that throw up feeling as if the food I just swallowed is stuck and wants to force it s way back out. Everytime this happens the food comes back up in the chewed up chunks it just went down in. There is never actually any liquid really that comes up with it. I am a bit concerned as this seemed to just come out of nowhere and is an occurrence that happens at least once a day. I am wondering what it is and if it is related to my surgery at all, and if there is any way to stop it from happening. It is very inconvenient and has prevented me from being able to eat in public. Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 26 Dec 2012