Had an abladion done. Have back pain and spotting. Explain

HI I HAD AN ABLADION DONE FOUR YEARS AGO AND I NO LONGER HAS A PERIOD BUT MY BODY SEEMS TO TELL THAT I SUPPOSE TO COME ON MY SIDE EFFECTS ARE BACK PAIN , AN LIG HT SPOTTING AN TOWARDS THE END DARK BROWN BLOOD . ABOUT TWO DAYS OTHER THAN THAT I WANT TO KNOW CAN I STILL GET PREGNANT AN WHAT ARE MY CHANCES BECAUSE I DO WANT ANOTHER CHILD . I HAVE FOUR CHILDREN LIVING AGES 21,19,17,16 ONE DECEASED AT BIRTH AT 7MOS INTO PREGNACY.BUT I DO WANT TO CONCEIVE ONE MORE CHILD NOW THAT IM ENGAGED AN HE DOESNT KNOW I HAD IT DONE IN THE PAST. AND I HAD ALL MY CHILDREN NATURAL AND IM NOW 40 YEARS OLD.
Asked On : Mon, 3 Sep 2012

To your information, ablation is a procedure where the inner thin layer of uterus is destroyed. This procedure is done in various cases to stop bleeding of different causative agents.

Normally, women who have undergone such procedure are not able to get pregnant again as they are more prone to miscarriage due to bleeding (uterus cannot carry the placenta attached as its inner thin layer is destroyed).

So, usually, women undergone ablation are not advised to get pregnant. However, there are rare cases when pregnancy has happened. You can talk to your OG if you can to avoid severe problems, especially at your age.

Thanks.