Had allergic reaction to various blood pressure medicines. Does wrong medicines have long term effect?

My doctor had me taking about 4 or 5 blood pressure meds for a year. as it turns out i was having alleric reactions to some of them. Now i only take atenalol and were a clonodine patch. Now my blood pressure seems to be better controlled. Some of the meds gave me heart palpations, like hydrozodine. Question; Can the wrong meds have a long term effect on your body or will the of the other meds for a long period of time wear off. I was taking 12 pills a day now I only take 2.
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012