Had abcess on inner thigh, could not drain, on antibiotics, area red, cannot walk. Suggestions?

30 yr old male 184 pounds 6 feet tall no other illness or surgeries otherwise healthy. had an abscess on inner thigh and went to prescribed keflex and another antibiotic. they made incision was unable to drain but when they shot me w numbing fluid felt the pocket fill up w pressure and pop inside. and at least 10 inches around it each way is red and running along the thigh where meets groin is hard inside feels inch thick and so sore can barely walk. went to walk in they gave shot of strong antibiotics.
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012
Your abscess looks pretty big and cannot be cured by antibiotics(though they are stronger).This needs to be incised and pus needs to be drained otherwise infection can spread to blood.This results in serious health consequences.I suggest you to meet a surgeon and take his opinion.Since its a daycare procedure might not require hospitalization.Hope this helps you.Take care.