Had a blood pressure reading and is 158 over 107

ive just had a blood pressure reading and is 158 over 107 is this high or normal ? just done it again and its 196 over 121
Asked On : Tue, 15 Dec 2009
That is really high but my first question has to be, how are you taking the readings? The home kits (e.g wrist cuffs) are not always accurate. You would need to get your pressure taken over a period of time before you can get your average reading. If you have any symptoms to go with this blood pressure reading, then you need to speak to your GP or after hours Doctor. These symptoms would include feeling faint, feeling sick, seeing spots in front of your eyes etc. You can always ring NHS advice line. I would get it checked out for sure if I were you as the second reading was very high even for someone who has higher blood pressure anyway. Good luck :)