Had UTI. Painful, itchiness, yeast infection, swelling, redness. What is the reason?

Hello. About 2 weeks ago my doctor told me i had a UTI . She sent my urine to a lab test to see what type of bacteria it was . However during the proccess i was feeling a little better my urge to urine was not as bad or painful; almost barely and i felt normal . She said she wanted to take another urine test to the lab just to make sure i didnt have it anymore however the results came 2 weeks after i found out i had the uti and my vagina started to then itch and burn almost as if i had a yiest infection but without the discharge . I took a mirror and took a look at my vagina and it seems to have cold sores with red sorroundings and it is also a little swollen . What can this be ?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013