Had TIA under treatment, cough, cold, prescribed antibiotics, got hiccups. Is mucaine gel okay?

my father had TIA under treatment since 8 months luckily he is doing his normal activity with medicine. for the past two days he had cough cold taken to doctor prescribed antibiotics analgesics h2 receptors antiemetics but started with hiccups not able to sleep for two days i have self prescribed mucaine gel kindly guide me tomorrow morning planning to take to neurologist is that ok or should i take an alternative.
Asked On : Wed, 9 May 2012