Had Myocardial infarction. In coma. Have an open wound. Is it common to keep an open wound?

my cousin, age 62 not great health, overweight , had a MI 2 days ago, then a 14 hr surgery; he s in icu with the wound still open and in a medically induced coma . Is this common to keep the wound open and what is the general prognosis if this happens, poor? It s probably unknown depending on many factors, I m sure. He s in Ankorage, AK now. Hi Dr. Akole, I don't know how to answer on this form so I'm doing it here. My cousin passed away last week. I have recently gotten some of my questions answered by the family. He didn't have a CABG, he had a dissecting aorta and the surgery was longer than I was told at first, 20 hrs. He had so many complications that his body just couldn't bounce back from but he gave it a good fight. I really do appreciate your taking the time to give me a great answer and your concern. So thank you very much.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013