Had GI bleed. Anasthesia used during procedures caused memory loss. Solution for short term memory loss?

I ve noticed at the end of the day in the evenings that I cannot recall much of what happened during the day. I can recall one or two events, but not the rest of the day, the contexts, the duration of events, etc. This is the second time in the last two weeks that I have notice this phenomenon. Preceding this experience, I suffered a GI bleed and I loss a significant amount of blood - my hemoglobin dropped to 7.5 from a normal of 14-18. Post endoscopies and colonoscopies, the anesthesia used had some memory loss side affects. However, I am two weeks out now and I am experiencing this short term memory loss. Any thoughts? I go back to see my physician in a week.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013