HIV positive, VL undect. Can I get loose skin removed and take out fat tissues from moobs?

HI I am Hiv+ 46 yo male in good health my VL is undect and my CD ct is 250 and its been 250 for at least all of my 20 yrs of being poz. I am wanting to get loose skin removed in my stomach area and take out some fat tissues of my Moobs I have had one Dr tell me he can do it what are you thoughts and is the a place you send me for referral. Many Thanks - Nick
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. VL [visceral leishmaniasis] or kala azar is undetected, thus means emerging problem of HIV/VL co-infection is of no concern.
2. normal value of CD count [which is mostly CD4] is 500 -1500 per cubic mm of blood, if it is 250 for the last 20 years, this means HIV disease is not progressing, and also your Immune system is stronger and less prone to opportunistic infections. [have not entered into later stages of HIV i.e. AIDS]
3.The HIV viral load is the best indicator of the level of HIV activity in the patient's body.
4. Liposuction has a number of possible risks, including infection, numbness and/or scarring, since you are suffering from the disease, make sure it doesn't flare up the dormant stage.

PS: As long as you are in good health,with correct laboratory indicators, liposuction is a viable option. See your local board certified plastic surgeon.