Gurgling sound in stomach, watery stools with foul smell. History of IBS. Treatment?

For the past 5 months i have had a very noisy abdomen to the point that people in the same room as me can hear it, along with that i have very watery stools which smell so bad that i will not use any other toilet but my own. I was also diagnosed with IBS many years ago but was not actually examined for it. Can u please advice, am at wits end witht his problem
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012
Hi!Foul smelling stools can be due to change in your diet or can be due to malabsorption - a condition which occurs when your intestines are unable to absorb nutrients from your food. In other words intestinal disorders like infections or intestinal disease that interferes with food absorption leads to loose,foul smelling stools. The major causes are celiac disease, inflammatory bowel disease, carbohydrate (sugars & starch) intolerance and allergy to dairy products.Other causes can be infections in the intestine (E.coli, Giardia, Amebiasis etc), or allergy to additives in multivitamin pills.
Armed with this basic information you can discuss with your doctor the best approach for investigation, diagnosis and then, treatment of your disorder. All the best!