Gum irritation and sore throat after denture relining. May be allergic to acrylic. Remedy?

I had my dentures relined yesterday,they were done straight away with a soft acrylic paste and put in my mouth,after leaving the dentists i started to get a bad burning sensation and sore throat ,went back to dentist he said it was a gum irratation and it would go away,i cannot wear my dentures,mouth hurts throat sore.Will this go.He said i may have an allergy to acrylic.not wore dentures since but gums still irrated 48hrs later.Any advice please
Asked On : Tue, 1 May 2012
Dentist 's  Response
hello.. yes u had pointed correctly it can be allergy to relining material.. reliner contains monomer which causes sore throat and burning sensation.. and it will take approx 7-15days to completely heal..

If a cold reliner was used and u gets the same symptom again on wearing denture after 7 days then it is allergy to other contents of the relinning material.. and that reliner needs to be replaced.. meanwhile u can use analgesic,anesthetic mouthwash for relief...and take some antiallergics..

A denture is usually made of acrylic.. heat cure mostly and u were using denture earlier so u r not allergic to heat cure acrylic/ acrylic itself.. u can get a new denture fabricated or ask ur dentist for relining by heat cure acrylic.. remember in cold cure relining material unused monomers causes adverse chemical reaction on mucosa sometimes.. so u should always avoid this type of relining or rebasing in future..