Groin, thigh pain, tightness. Hip replacement surgery, MRI shows interval development of lucency along distal femoral stem of right hip. Treatment?

I had total hip replacement 2 years ago. About 6 months ago, I started having severe groin and mid thigh pain. I had a steroid shot in my groin that did not help the pain level at all. The worse pain is in my thigh. It has a tight feeling all the time but I can do something as simple as change positions while sleeping and it feels like a sharp knife to my thigh. It lasts about 2 mins. MRI and x-rays conclude: No significant right hip fluid collection identified. There has been interval development of 1-2 mm of lucency along the distal femoral stem of the right hip arthroplasty . This may represent some interval loosening. No evidence of acute fractures or dislocations are identified.
Asked On : Sun, 27 May 2012