Greenish bump on forehead after headbutt. Right eye dry, cheek numb. Should I be concerned?

Hi Dr., My 9 yr old son headbutted my forehead yesterday . He is fine but it certainly hurt me . I have a huge flat kind of bump on my forehead over my right eye that is greenish in color. My right eye feels strange- kind of dry but it s weepy. Also my right cheek feels numbish. Should I be concerned? My pupils look fine , balance is fine. The area is painful to touch but there isn t any headache . Thank you, Chery
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
This is most likely to be the bruised tissue causing the localised pain and tenderness. The swelling can often spread around the eye and cheek following a bang on the forehead. The numbness is most probably bruised nerves. This will all recover over the next few days and you need not worry although it may look quite impressive.
Dr K A Pottinger