Green mucus coming out of mouth after exercising. Reason for mucus?

Hi, I started exercise about a week a go. I exercise 35minutes at 6am . Every morning. After 5minutes of excercise I have clear mucus coming out of my mouth when coughing. After about 15minutes to 25 minutes I get a greater caugh that I need to stop the exercise machine to beatha nd then i cough hard and green mucus. What is this due to? I has happen already two consequtive days. Could you help me?
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
If you haven't taken regular exercise in a while then this can sometimes happen. The normal mucus in your airways becomes loosened with exercise and it is natural to cough it up. If you continue to exercise over the coming weeks then this will reduce until it no longer happens. It is not serious.
Dr K A Pottinger